[Mimedefang] Content/Subject filter

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 5 08:55:43 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Kozloski, Matthew wrote:

> Do any of you have an example on how I can filter based on body
> content/subject?  This is in an effort to reduce (try to eliminate) spam.

Did you look at SpamAssassin?  It's more-or-less integrated with
MIMEDefang, although I'm not very happy with the state of integration.

If you want to open the original un-decoded MIME message, just open
./INPUTMSG and do whatever Perl magic you like.  To open each part,
just open $entity->bodyhandle->path.  Finally, all the headers are
in ./HEADERS.

(By the way, do NOT execute chdir() inside your filter. :-))