[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.28 & Spamassassin & Razor

Philip Clever philip at turquoise.net
Mon Dec 23 16:21:02 EST 2002

I got all 3 playing together nicely.  Actually we've been running MD & SA
together for a few months now.  But last week I installed Razor to further
combat the spam war.  Now I ran into some issues that I have seen posted to
this list before and thought I'd share my fix.

After installing razor I didn't see any evidence that it was being called
from SA when SA was being called from MD.  It did work if I manually ran SA
from the command line (razor log was being written to).  The problem is that
if you run MD as a different user other than root the razor call will fail.
What I did to fix this was chown the razor programs and the razor directory
to the same ownership that MD runs as.  Works great now, and it seems to be
catching more spam.  There shouldn't be anything to change in your SA conf
file as SA automatically will detect razor and use it.  Just make sure you
add this line to your mimedefang filter:

$SALocalTestsOnly = 0;

That will allow SA to call to Razor

-Philip

---