[Mimedefang] Using auto-reporting with SpamAssassin?

Matt A. Gargett MGargett at comshare.com
Sun Dec 29 17:30:01 EST 2002

I've finally gotten razor to work correctly with MD 2.27 and SA 2.43.  I was
wondering if we could use MIMEDefang to autoreport to razor spam hits of a
specific value or higher if they weren't hit by spamassassin on it's initial
run.  I'm pretty sure that if I get a spam of, let's say, 15 or higher by
spamassassin, and it's not in razor, it's probably spam, and thus would like
to autoreport it without having to bounce it manually.  As long as the score
is high enough, we wouldn't pollute the database.  Or, is this taken care of
in sa-mimedefang.cf with the auto_report_threshold?

I would think we'd want to remove all traces of MIMEDefang and SA from the
message and then submit it to razor immediately if possible, from within the
MIMEdefang filter.  Any thoughts?

- Matt A. Gargett
Comshare IT