[Mimedefang] Administrator emails missing

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Mon Dec 30 23:18:01 EST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Scott Harris wrote:

> G'day from down under :)

G'day from up over!

> Everything is working fine except that I am not receiving the admin
> emails when messages are quarantined.

First off, do you have something in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter that looks
like this?

    # If you want quarantine reports, uncomment next line
    # send_quarantine_notifications();

(if so, ...uncomment the 2nd line)

If that's set ok, try running 'sendmail -Ac -q' and see if you don't get
all of the old notifications.  If that does it, you need a queue runner.
>From MIMEDefang 2.8's README:

You *MUST* run a client-queue runner, because MIMEDefang now uses deferred
mode to deliver internally-generated messages.  We recommend running this
command as part of the Sendmail startup:

        sendmail -Ac -qp1m

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA