[Mimedefang] Using auto-reporting with SpamAssassin?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Dec 29 18:09:00 EST 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Matt A. Gargett wrote:

> I've finally gotten razor to work correctly with MD 2.27 and SA 2.43.  I was
> wondering if we could use MIMEDefang to autoreport to razor spam hits of a
> specific value or higher if they weren't hit by spamassassin on it's initial
> run.

I don't think this is a good idea.  I think only human-confirmed spam
should be reported to razor.  After all, if the spam scores 15 for you,
it will score 15 for everyone else using SpamAssassin, and there's really
no need to report it to razor anyway.

> I would think we'd want to remove all traces of MIMEDefang and SA from the
> message and then submit it to razor immediately if possible, from within the
> MIMEdefang filter.  Any thoughts?

./INPUTMSG contains the "clean" message, if you really want to auto-submit.