[Mimedefang] Re: Need to run /usr/sbin/makemap from my filter

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Fri Dec 27 15:43:01 EST 2002

Jeremy Mates wrote:
> A chdir into /etc/mail will also likely be required, or additional
> mucking with the makemap command.  (Ick!)

Or you could just specify the absolute pathname:

# makemap hash /etc/mail/access </etc/mail/access

> Spam from the various yahoo, hotmail, and etc. sites come to mind...

But most spam with Yahoo! or Hotmail return addresses does not in fact
come from a Hotmail or Yahoo! server.  Blocking a system sending
Hotmail-return spam is not much of a loss.

This may still causes trouble for people who are (for instance) using
Outlook Express to send email with a Hotmail return address.  :/  Or if
the list software for a number of MSN mailing lists is too dumb to
notice bounce messages.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.