[Mimedefang] Perl Question

Russ GilmanHunt rgilmanhunt at hotp.com
Fri Dec 27 11:01:01 EST 2002

Ya know, ssh might do your trick here-
If you *sigh* allow root to ssh in to remote box, you can do something
like:

ssh -t root at remote echo "dude" >> /root/testfile.txt.
-t tells ssh not to use a dumb tty.
if you follow the ssh command with another command it's executed on the
remote host.

That might give you a handle on a bash method to do it. :)

(We used to do a backup script with ssh- something like:
ssh -t root at remote tar cfvz (insert tar option to make it go to stdout)
/var > remote_date.tgz )

Hope this helps!
-Russ