[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang HOWTO

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.net
Thu Dec 26 13:36:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm planning to follow the MIMEDefang HOWTO at
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/#ss1.2
to get anti-spam/virus protection on my Redhat 7.2 server. It is currently
an 8.11 version of
Sendmail so my first step will be to upgrade that. (Actually I have already
followed the procedure up to creating the devtools/Site/site.config.m4
file).

I'm concerned about one thing though. I'm planning to do this on a "live"
server. Is there any point in this that I could disrupt  my customers
e-mail? Suppose I only had time today to upgrade Sendmail with the email
filter interface, but had to leave doing the rest of this until another day.
Will there be a problem in that I am now running Sendmail 8.12.6 with a
filter interface but no filters yet?

I apologise if this sounds somewhat naive. I'm perhaps not as confidant of
this as I ought to be.

Thanks.

Lisa Casey
Webmaster & SysAdmin