[Mimedefang] Still problems with notifications...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Dec 23 15:08:01 EST 2002

    I'm still having problems with my quarantine notifications...in that
I'm not getting them.  Before I upgraded to MD2.28 everything worked as
expected.  I received the quarantine notifications as I should.  After
the upgrade however, nothing is being sent anymore.  Something changed.
 Messages are being quarantined, my /var/log/MIMEdefang folder has a
bunch of messages in it, but I never got any indication at all of them
being quarantined.  And here I thought the spam world finally died...oh
wait, that would put David's CanIt product out of commission.  Okay,
can't have that happen.  :)

    action_add_header() doesn't get run, but
action_quarantine_entire_message() does since I have all those messages
now sitting in my MIMEdefang spool.  My filter end looks like this:

----------
sub filter_end ($) {
    my($entity) = @_;
    $SALocalTestsOnly = 0;

    # If you want quarantine reports, uncomment next line
    send_quarantine_notifications();

    # No sense doing any extra work
    return if message_rejected();

    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 100*1024) {
            # Only scan messages smaller than 100kB.  Larger messages
            # are extremely unlikely to be spam, and SpamAssassin is
            # dreadfully slow on very large messages.
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            if ($hits >= 8) {
                # scoring of 8 or higher.  pitch!
                md_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);
                return action_bounce("Original message rejected due to
high SPAM score: $hits");
            } elsif ($hits >= $req) {
                # damned thing scored more than 5.0
                action_add_header("X-Spam-Warning", "SpamAssassin says
this message is SPAM.\n");
                action_quarantine_entire_message("SpamAssassin deemed
this message as SPAM.\n\n$names\n\n$report\n");
                return action_discard();
            }
            action_change_header("X-Spam-Status","hits=$hits |
required=$req | tests=$names");
        }
    }
}

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.