[Mimedefang] read(mimedefang): timeout before data read

syn uw syn_uw at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 03:43:00 EST 2002

>Well, don't send 100MB MP3 files. :-)
>
>Seriously, sending such large files via e-mail is abuse.  Most e-mail
>servers
>won't accept them anyway, even if yours allows them.

You are right and we don't allow files bigger than 20 MB anyway but it was
just really for testing purposes. Do you know which timer I have to increase
to get that working ?

I suppose I need to increase the S parameter to get that error fixed (the
temporary failure...) from the following config line in my sendmail.mc file:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,T=S:1m;R:1m')

As I suppose that a 100 MB file takes more than 1 minute by MIMEDefang to
process, can you confirm me this ?

So another question, what "process" does take the most time ? I think that
is the attachement extraction from the mail, right ?

Thanks for the help

Regards