[Mimedefang] Sendmail for compiling MIMEDefang

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Thu Dec 19 03:33:01 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 07:17:33AM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
> >From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> >
> >Well, not much.  The thing holding me back is that select is more
> >portable than poll.  As far as I know, the *BSD's do not support poll
> >(but maybe I'm wrong and they do now.  Anyone?)
>
> Well, FreeBSD certainly supports poll (as of 3.0), as does OpenBSD (since
> 2.2) and so does NetBSD (as of 1.3.3).

Righ Robb.
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=poll&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html
OpenBSD seems to support for quite a long time appparently (you can select
the release on the Web interface).

BTW, the sendmail that comes with OpenBSD does not offer Milter support.
You have to use CVS to get the OpenBSD sources and recompile it to get Milter support.
THis is because on some architectures OpenBSD runs, the thread implementation is not
100% working according to OpenBSD guys.

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services