[Mimedefang] OT: Sendmail Startup Script Question

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Wed Dec 18 21:33:00 EST 2002

I am running Redhat 7.3.  I have my sendmail startup script to start two
instances of Sendmail.  One for normal mail delivery and the other for
queue control.  But, when I start up my machine, or restart, the
machine, the queue control never starts up.  But, I issue a restart to
the Sendmail startup script, it starts both instances of Sendmail just
fine.  I am including my startup script below.  Would anybody be able to
point me in a direction of modifying the script so it starts both
instances upon a restart or boot up?

Thanks,
Jeff

#!/bin/sh
#
# Red Hat Linux Boot Script
#
#  $Id: redhat.init,v 1.5 2000/01/31 09:16:07 peterh Exp $ (Sendmail)
$Date: 200
0/01/31 09:16:07 $
# Copyright (c) 1998 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers.  All rights
reserved.
#

# Red Hat provides daemon startup/stop functions
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# Exit codes
EX_OK=0
EX_USAGE=64

case "$1" in
        start)
                if [ -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -a -e /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ]
                then
                        echo -n "Starting sendmail: "
                        daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -q30m
                        daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -Ac -qp1m

                        # Red Hat method for preventing multiple
instances
                        touch /var/lock/subsys/sendmail
                        echo
                fi