[Mimedefang] Sendmail for compiling MIMEDefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Dec 18 20:41:01 EST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Brad Dameron wrote:

> So what type of twisting are would it take to switch from select(2) to
> poll(2)?

Well, not much.  The thing holding me back is that select is more
portable than poll.  As far as I know, the *BSD's do not support poll
(but maybe I'm wrong and they do now.  Anyone?)

I'm not sure how Linux implements select() in newer kernels.  If
select() is simply a library wrapper around poll(), then it's safe to
change FD_SET_SIZE in glibc.  If select() is a real kernel system
call, then you can't just change glibc -- you have to recompile the
kernel too.