[Mimedefang] Sendmail for compiling MIMEDefang

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Wed Dec 18 15:11:01 EST 2002

syn uw wrote:
> When compiling MIMEDefang if I understand correctly it needs some libraries
> from Sendmail, especially the milter library. Now my questions is it
> possible to just compile libmilter and sendmail for the usage of MIMEDefang
> with a basic site.config.m4 which only states the "-DMILTER" flag for
> sendmail and then on the real mail server use another sendmail build which
> of course will also include libmitler. Or do I need to use the same sendmail
> that I have used to compile MIMEDefang with ?
>
> A little precision here, both sendmail (used for the compiling and the
> server) will of course be the same version.

Well, as a f'rinstance, with RedHat you could install sendmail-devel,
but not sendmail, and build MIMEDefang just fine.  Debian should be
similar.

As for building from tarballs...   my guess would be that there is some
option to only compile the milter interface libraries (or at least make
them appropriately available for building other software) rather than
having to build all of sendmail itself.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.