[Mimedefang] Error State

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Tue Dec 17 23:55:01 EST 2002

MTA
> then restarting them will do the trick.  On a couple of occasions I
had to
> reinstall the sendmail.cf file from the source tree to get things
working
> again.
>
> -Philip
>
> > What do the following error messages mean?
> >
> > Dec 17 19:49:28 apple sm-mta[23220]: gBI3nEMI023220: Milter
> > (mimedefang): timeou
> > t before data read
> > Dec 17 19:49:28 apple sm-mta[23220]: gBI3nEMI023220: Milter
> > (mimedefang): to err
> > or state

Well, I don't always get those messages.  I will get a message come in
and it gives me the timeout and data error.  The next message comes in
and it is fine.  I run a very low volume mail server.  The server is
pretty much just for me and a couple of people.  I am running 3 slaves.
But, usually no more than 1 slave is being used at one time.

Jeff