[Mimedefang] Long filter process times.

Douglas Willis ddw at nerc-bas.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 12:25:00 EST 2002

Hi,

I've found the problem.

Both systems are RedHat 8.0 but the one exhibiting slow filter times had
the following i18n config entries

LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_GB.UTF-8:en_GB:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

while the other had the following.

LANG="en_GB.iso885915"
SUPPORTED="en_GB.iso885915:en_GB:en"
SYSFONT="lat0-sun16"
SYSFONTACM="iso15"

I was getting the occasional Malformed UTF error from Spamassassin and
was also looking for a fix to that.  While looking for that fix I came
across a message in the mailing list that suggested removing the .UTF-8
portion of the LANG variable in the i18n file.  Doing this has returned
the slow machine to a state that is comparable to the faster machine and
seems to have fixed the Spamassassin problem as well.