[Mimedefang] HBEDV Reporting broken? - False Positives Reported

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Dec 15 17:00:03 EST 2002

Albert E. Whale wrote:

>Thanks for the reply, HOWEVER there are other Factors here, which you did not
>Read previously.
>
>1. The Entire Class A network is Blocked, Now nothing from Korea or China gets
>in.  INCLUDING DNS Answers.

    Keep in mind that because sendmail is trying to send it back to
kebi.com, that doesn't necessarily mean it CAME from kebi.com.  I too
get emails that appear to be coming from some Asian site, when really it
came through yahoo.com, the From: address may have been forged and
sendmail will dutifully try to send back to said address.

>2. There is no Virus.  Nothing in the Email will distribute a Virus.

    This is a good question indeed.  Not sure what to tell you here.
 However, I was trying to explain the DNS issues involved, not the ghost
virus problem you're having. :)