[Mimedefang] Missing Web Attachments

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Fri Dec 13 08:58:00 EST 2002

Hello,
	There was a discussion about the validity of that .url extension
awhile ago.  Basically it's just a file that, if clicked on by a 'Windoze'
user, takes them to that site.  I guess the security concern is that users
don't know where they are going and the link could lead them to a malicious
site.  I believe that there was a virus awhile back as well that
masqueraded as a .url file.

Cheers,

Stefano