[Mimedefang] mimedefang && BerkeleyDB

Dirk Mueller dmuell at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 22:20:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm unsuccessfully trying to use the BerkelyDB with MIMEDefang. I tie
globally a DB to a variable:

use BerkeleyDB;
$dbenv = new BerkeleyDB::Env -Flags => DB_INIT_CDB | DB_INIT_MPOOL;
tie %db_email, "BerkeleyDB::Hash",
    -Filename => "/var/spool/MIMEDefang/email.db",
    -Env => $env;

using the concurrent access options, and then adding and fetching email
addresses from it (it is to keep track of existing email addresses so that I
don't have to query the actual mail servers each time a mail passes the mail
gateway). However, it seems that new entries are not immediately visible
to other, parallel running Mimedefang processes.

Are there known caveats when using this combination?

--
Dirk (received 86 mails today)