[Mimedefang] Blacklist vs Access_db

Dirk Mueller dmuell at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 12:43:01 EST 2002

On Don, 12 Dez 2002, Nels Lindquist wrote:

> No, you're right.  SA doesn't seem to use Return-Path at all.  I
> think I added it while trying to figure out why SA run from the
> command line on a delivered message was producing different results
> than Mail::Spamassassin called from MIMEDefang.

Yes, I'm hunting this problem as well, but I think its unrelated to the
return path problem. the Spamassassin embedded in MIMEDefang gives by large
amount wrong scores, compared ot the command like testing utility.

I assume its that the "state" of spamassassin is not properly reset when a
new message is supposed to be checked, but I don't know Spamassassin and
Perl enough to know where to start looking ..

Adding a "new" Received line is indeed necessary, at least the IP, as
Spamassassin simply ignores the last hub in Received: lines checking.
Without the added Received: line it ignores the wrong one, obviously.

--
Dirk (received 420 mails today)