[Mimedefang] Blacklist vs Access_db

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Dec 12 11:21:01 EST 2002

On 12 Dec 2002 at 2:01, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Mit, 11 Dez 2002, Nels Lindquist wrote:
>

> > I wrote a patch for mimedefang.pl.in to address this issue.  There
> > are a couple of SA tests which either trigger falsely or fail to
> > trigger when the last Received header and Return-Path aren't present.
>
> Out of curiosity: which for example ? I've grepped all of spamassassin for
> /return-path/i but couldn't get a hit.

No, you're right.  SA doesn't seem to use Return-Path at all.  I
think I added it while trying to figure out why SA run from the
command line on a delivered message was producing different results
than Mail::Spamassassin called from MIMEDefang.

The last Received line, on the other hand, can be quite useful.  Even
if you don't do any DNS blackhole checking (which I do), a bunch of
date-shift checks and similar will utilize it.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.