[Mimedefang] Whitelists in mimedefang

Dan Tulovsky dant at wetsnow.com
Thu Dec 12 10:38:01 EST 2002

Hi.

I am looking for a way to have separate whitelists for each domain.  We
went through this a while back and it turned out that since MimeDefang
uses a constant spamassassin object, it is not possible to reload it
half way through.

So I am thinking of simply doing whitelists within MimeDefang and not
call SpamAssassin on those messages at all (why bother?).

I deally I would like to have a separate file for each domain.  I would
then read the file in the filter_end routine and only call spam assassin
on those message that do not match.  I am only looking to do simple
whitelists; match only from addresses.

Now, my question is this.  Will reading in a file every time a message
comes in slow down the system, or simply make it too slow to be useable?
Can anyone recommend a better way?

Thank you,
Dan