[Mimedefang] Duplication of Disclaimer!!

Mycrom defang at mycrom.net
Wed Dec 11 09:44:00 EST 2002

It sounds like in all your cases you just need to regex what you are looking
for and decide action biased on that regex. MimeDefang is nothing more then
a framework. You have to add the code to decide what you want mimedefang to
do with that message.

In my case I suck in the body to the scalar $messagebody (We limit message
size to 10M and the box has 1G physical so I don't have to worry about a
100M file killing memory) so lets say I don't want a dupe disclaimer....

if ($messagebody =~ /clip from disclaimer text/) {
    #Disclaimer is already here... Put what you want to do if disclaimer is
already present.
} else {
    #Disclaimer is missing... Add code to add disclaimer.
}

Also something less costly might be to add a X header when adding the
disclaimer so you can just check to see if a X header of
"X-Disclaimer-Added" or something already exists and base you actions on
that.

-Matthew