Skipping filtering for outbound mail (was Re: [Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.28-BETA-2 is available)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 10 21:02:00 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Philip Clever wrote:

> Hey David can you supply an example of code using this to block a couple of
> ranges for outbound mail?  Some of us aren't real Perl savvy but getting
> this feature to work would ROCK!  Does this need to go in a  filter_sender
> sub?  I don't think we have one in our current filter.

It should go in filter_relay, and you need the "-r" option on
mimedefang.  Anyway, let's say you don't want to scan mail from
127.0.0.1, 192.168.3/24 or 192.168.4.4.  This will do the trick:

sub filter_relay {
    my($hostip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;
    if ($hostip eq '127.0.0.1' or
        $hostip eq '192.168.4.4' or
        $hostip =~ /^192\.168\.3\./) {
        return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "ok");
    }
    return ('CONTINUE', "ok");
}