[Mimedefang] putc failed: Error 0 line 848 - revisited

Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za
Tue Dec 10 17:13:01 EST 2002

I've download the 60 day eval of
Sun ONE Studio 7, Compiler Collection (formerly Forte 7)
http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/suncc/index.html

and can confirm that it compiles the "putc" code correctly
with various optimizations turn off & on.

To verify, I had a look at the generated assembler code
and tested with a message that was known to fail.

Can anyone tell me if gcc 3.2.1 is OK as I don't feel like parting with
$995 for Studio 7.

Hope this helps,

Alberto da Silva

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to
preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility
whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason,
corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.