[Mimedefang] Graphdefang questions

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Tue Dec 10 14:39:00 EST 2002

Question 1.
I'm trying it get graphdefang to graph spam by score.  The scores are logged
as value1 in my log file.  It seems like this should work, but all it gives
me is a solid white png file.

    %GraphSettings = (
            'data_types'    => ['spam'],
            'graph_type'    => 'stacked_bar',
            'grouping'      => 'value1',
            'value1_title'  => 'Score',
            'grouping_times'=> ['hourly','daily','monthly'],
            );
    push @GRAPHS, { %GraphSettings };

Question 2.
It's currently pulling data from /var/log/maillog and recreating the graphs
once per hour.  However, every so often, the maillog file is rotated to
maillog.1 and a new maillog created.  Graphdefang then loses any entries
which arrived between the last graphing and the rollover.  Can I specify
multiple datafiles?
As the maillog file grows, it takes graphdefang a log time to scan it, so
I'd like to make them rotate more often (currently rotating once a week and
log file is about 7meg/week)

Question 3.
How hard would it be to modify graphdefang to graph messages of this form:

Dec 10 09:41:46 hostname kernel: Packet log: input DENY eth1 PROTO=17
80.32.83.149:1048 24.106.15.194:137 L=78 S=0x00 I=18551 F=0x0000 T=106
(#406)

I have my firewall recording these and it would be nice to graph
the number of events per hour grouped in various ways.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup