[Mimedefang] md_log question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 10 08:15:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 10 Dec 2002, Systems Administrator wrote:

> I note from the man pages that the md_log() function can not be called
> from filter_sender, filter_relay and filter_recipient. Are there any
> plans or is there a way I can make the global variables it requires
> available?

Some of the global variables are available, thanks to a recent patch
from Anne Bennet, but (obviously) some cannot be available because MD
doesn't have the info yet.

The available variables (in 2.28-FINAL) will be:

filter_relay:     $RelayAddr, $RelayHostname, $Helo
filter_sender:    those in filter_relay plus $Sender
filter_recipient: those in filter_sender plus @Recipients will contain the
                  single recipient for this RCPT TO: command

Others like $Subject, $MsgID, etc. are obviously unavailable.