[Mimedefang] restart or reload or neither ?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Dec 6 08:30:01 EST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Stefano McGhee wrote:

> 	I'm pretty sure that it the very next piece of mail that gets
> scanned uses the new definitions.  AFAIK, no further actions are required
> on your part.

Actually, that is not true if you are using the multiplexor.  If you
are using the multiplexor, you need to do a reread if you want the
Perl slaves to notice the change.

The actions are:

reread: Tell the multiplexor to kill all idle slaves, and to kill busy
slaves as soon as they become idle.  Fresh slaves are started.  This is
appropriate for most situations.

restart:  Kill and restart everything.  This is needed only if you want
to change a command-line option to mimedefang or mimedefang-multiplexor.