Stress-testing (was Re: [Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.28-BETA-1 is available)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Dec 4 16:31:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Mark Waterhouse wrote:

> Do you have a way of simulating a busy mail server.  I've just installed
> 2.27 (will do the next upgrade tomorrow) and am trying to find a way to
> stress test the mailserver.  Any ideas, scripts etc?

I have a Tcl script which blasts mail from one machine to the test
machine.  It sends my archived mail since 2000 to the machine under
test.  It's not really in decent-enough form to distribute, but if I
have time, I will package it up.

Mozilla also has an "mstone" project, but I was too lazy to learn it. :-)

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mstone/