[Mimedefang] Timeout in data read

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Dec 4 12:50:04 EST 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Francisco Gorina Vanrell wrote:

> I have installed MIMEDefang 2.26 and Sendmail 8.12.6 and everything worked
> OK except that in some messages the communication between sendmail and
> mimedefang gets blocked till sendmail executes the timeout.

What OS are you using?  OpenBSD, for example, has problems with its pthreads
implementation.

What version of SpamAssassin are you using?  I've heard reports of a bug in
SpamAssassin which cause it to get stuck in a loop.  However, if this
happens, you should see messages like "ERR Filter timed out" in your log.

>     - If sendmail/mimedefang are not processing any message they get stuck
>     - If while stuck arrives a new message it is procesed OK and fast.

> I rebuilt mimedefang with --enable-debugger and I get the following maillog

You probably want to rebuild it without debugging once the issue is
solved, because debugging slows it down a lot.