[Mimedefang] X-Scanned-By Header

Jack Olszewski jacek at hermes.net.au
Thu Aug 29 21:56:01 EDT 2002

At 09:28 PM 29/08/02 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Rich West wrote:
>
>> This may sound a bit paranoid, but it is possible, with 2.19, to disable
>> the addition of that additional header?

>However, if enough people express interest, I'll make a command-line
>switch to turn off this header.
>
>--
>David.

Or perhaps let people define the header text as they would like, including
empty. I admire MD as a great piece of software, but so far been using it
solely for rejection of virus infected mail. Spam is blocked by means of
dnsbl only. The present header might lead to some misunderstanding as to
what actually has been scanned.

Jack