[Mimedefang] whitelist_from list for SA?

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Thu Aug 29 21:26:01 EDT 2002

On Thu Aug 29 2002 at 13:07, Jason Englander wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Tony Nugent wrote:
> > I have put this into it, but it isn't working:
> > whitelist_from	pick at mail.rehame.com *@ag.gov.au *@coverclicks.biglist.com
> Make sure those are actually From addresses an not sender addresses.

> If it turns out to be the sender address, you can check it ($Sender) in
> your MD filter and skip the SA checks if it matches.  ...which would be
> "better" than waiting for the SA routines to check the From address.

Thanks.  Yes, that is how I'll do it - exempt them from SA scanning
in the filter (which is what I was quietly hoping to avoid having to
do :)  It already avoids SA checks for outbound internal mail, and I
guess the big plus is that by skipping SA, fewer cpu cycles are used
to process them...

>   Jason

Cheers
Tony