[Mimedefang] Re: Blocking e-mail where the To does not match the envelope To

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Thu Aug 29 15:04:01 EDT 2002

>Could I add a rule to discard e-mails where the To does not match the
>actual recipients.  If so could someone post a quick sample?
>Are there cases where this could block legitimate e-mails?

Um, how about the MIMEDefang mailing list?  The digest, at least, shows up with
"To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com" instead of my address.

Not to mention anything where the sender put the recipient in the BCC field.

Kelson Vibber
SpeedGate Communications, Technical Staff
kelson at speed.net          Phone: (949) 341-0800
http://www.speed.net/     FAX:   (949) 341-0900