[Mimedefang] new document on getting MD up and running from scratch

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Aug 29 11:02:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> I've just finished up a howto that takes a user from *nothing* through
> installing sendmail,  MIMEDefang, ClamAv, SpamAssassin, Razor, and
> MIME-Tools. When you are done, you'll have a sendmail/MD setup that is
> kickin!

Cool.  Is there a way you can combine it with Mickey Hill's HOWTO?

Also, in your instructions, you run MIMEDefang as "smmsp".  I'm not
sure I'd recommend that; sendmail is suid smmsp and you might be
able to do nasty things in the MIMEDefang spool directory.  I think
it's safer to run MIMEDefang as its own "defang" user, separate from
smmsp.