[Mimedefang] mimedefang 2.19 crashed

Kevin O'Brien kobrien at eentertainment.com
Wed Aug 28 17:23:01 EDT 2002

To quote the brilliant HOWTO from Mickey
Hill(http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/):

NOTE: Some users of MIMEDefang and SpamAssassin have had troubles with
filter timeouts. This can be somewhat helped by increasing the timeouts:

    INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:5m;R:5m')

NOTE: This configuration is designed so that if the filter (MIMEDefang)
fails for any reason while receiving an email, the mail server will return a
tempfail code and "Please try again later" message. This is highly
recommended if you are scanning for viruses, so that incoming messages are
rejected if there is any error.

On the other hand, IF you are only scanning for spam and not for viruses, IF
it is more important to you that you get the incoming message no matter
what, and IF you are CERTAIN that there is no risk to you or your users if
an email is accepted even if there is an error in the filter, you may wish
to allow incoming messages to be accepted if the filter fails. To do this,
remove the F=T flag.

    INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')