[Mimedefang] Spam assassin removing spam

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 28 14:21:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Shawn Button wrote:

> I would simply like to modify the mimedefang filter to quarantine or
> dump completely anything spam assassin detects over a certain threshold
> (say around 11 or so) instead of simply reporting it.

Very simple.  In the sample filter is a line which looks like this:

	    my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();

Immediately after that line, add this code:

	if ($hits > 11) {
		return action_discard();
	}

That will discard the message.  If you'd rather bounce it, use:

	if ($hits > 11) {
		return action_bounce("Sorry, you scored $hits on the spam scale... rejected.");
	}