[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang build error

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Wed Aug 28 02:12:01 EDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:22:31PM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Kris Deugau wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib/libmilter.a(main.o): In function `smfi_register':
> > main.o(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `strlcpy'
>
> MIMEDefang no longer supports Sendmail 8.11.  Sorry about that; you must
> upgrade to 8.12.x.  (You can force it to build by linking against
> libsmutil.a, but I don't support that out-of-the-box any longer.)

=> Sendmail 8.11.x is really old and Milter support has been
improved a lot in the 8.12.x series. It is worth upgrading.

RedHat Rawhide RPM for sendmail 8.12.5 works really fine though
by default it is compiled with Openldap, Cyrus SASL which are
not useful for everyone. In the future I will try to modify
the .spec so we can specify which features we want (with_ldap,
with_sasl, with_tcpwrappers, ...) a bit a la FreeBSD ports.
I will send it to the Redhat packagers so others could benefit
from that.

BTW, sendmail 8.12.6 is out : http://www.sendmail.org/8.12.6.html
The Milter changes are :
<<
LIBMILTER: Protect a free(3) operation from being called with a
NULL pointer.  Problem noted by Andrey J. Melnikoff.

LIBMILTER: Protect against more interrupted select() calls.
Based on patch from Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz of Ecole
Nationale Superieure des Mines de Paris.

---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services