[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.19 is released

Andrey V. Pevnev andrey at mgul.ac.ru
Mon Aug 26 02:30:01 EDT 2002

Hello David,

Monday, August 26, 2002, 6:38:08 AM, you wrote:

DFS> That's a good idea; I will do it.  Do we want the configure script to fail
DFS> if the named user doesn't exist?  Or just let "make install" fail?
configure will fail I think, do not to waste user time for compiling if he misstyped
the name.

DFS> Here's the $64,000 question... does anyone know a portable way to add
DFS> a user (and group) in UNIX?  I thought not... :-(
Under FreeBSD it's pw command (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pw&apropos=0&sektion=0 ) -
universal tool for user/group administration ;-) but for other
UNIX'es....

--
Best regards,
MSFU LAN Admin