[Mimedefang] List of From that are not spam?

Brett Simpson Simpsonb at hillsboroughcounty.org
Thu Aug 22 13:18:01 EDT 2002

Add a similar entry below to /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.

whitelist_from *user at domain.com* *@domain2.com*

MimeDefang will look at the From: section of the email for this info.

Brett

>>> jonk at otsiweb.com 08/22/02 01:04PM >>>
Enviroment :
Freebsd 4.6,Latest version of Sendmail,Mimedefang,Spamassassin

One of our companies empoyees has requested that certain e-mail's she
recieves not be marked as spam.

Possible solutions :
The simpliest is to add a check like so
(pseudo code)
if($From!~/sender at domain.com|sender1 at another.com|send at jim.com/)
{
	#process spam assassin rules or set boolean to indicate not to
later in code
}

but this does not seem very scalable.  I was thinking it would be better
to have a text file that lists all the "OK" domains that is loaded at
start so that the list doesn't have to be reloaded for each email
request.  Downside being you would have to restart the mimedefang
service with changes. The list values can be stuffed into either an
array or hash and the perl code can check to see if the current $From
exists before passing off to spamassassin.

Does Mimedefang currently do this and I missed it?  If not does the
above approach sound reasonable?