[Mimedefang] Spammers Attacking - I need some help

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Tue Aug 20 09:08:01 EDT 2002

Hello all,
	I actually experienced a different form of what you were
experiencing.  It seems the Klez virus would pick of the names of users in
my domain from other people's mailboxes and send mail as them.  When the
messages are rejected they come back to our domain as NDR's for messages
our users never sent.  I simply added a line to the Sendmail config file
that rejected messages claiming to be from our domain.

From:		mydomain.com	ERROR: "550 No local relay"

Keep in mind that my server is for inbound mail only (one way)and that my
remote users use a different server.

Hope this helps,

Stefano S. McGhee
IS and Infrastructure Group Manager