[Mimedefang] Anomy:HTML Cleaner

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Fri Aug 16 10:45:04 EDT 2002

The Anomy::HTML integration in to MIMEDefang is rather limited.
 Actually, it is fully functional but not configurable.  By default,
Anomy::HTML strips off EVERYTHING.. it acts in its most protective mode.
 Unfortunately, because of the way it is integrated into MIMEDefang,
there is no way to alter the way Anomy:HTML works.

Anomy::HTML Cleaner is a multi-purpose application which "cleans" HTML
email by stripping off any javascript code (preventing pop-ups and
unexpected executions) and any potentially dangerous HTML code (links to
outside sites which include viruses -- viruses which could intrude in to
the system by side-stepping any prevention efforts performed by email
virus scanners).

IMHO, it is a relatively good product, but a fair chunk of its
functionality duplicates what MIMEDefang already does.  Hence, the
reason it is integrated in to MIMEDefang in the way that it is: in an
effort to eliminate any duplication of effort.  However, the end result
is that Anomy::HTML is not configurable.

I was personally tinkering with MIMEDefang's integration of Anomy::HTML
a while back to make Anomy::HTML more configurable, but I got
sidetracked and have not gotten back to it...

-Rich

Richard West                          mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator
Diva - Princeton, NJ                  http://www.divatv.com