[Mimedefang] Adding text to beginning of emails.

Brett Simpson Simpsonb at hillsboroughcounty.org
Thu Aug 15 18:01:01 EDT 2002

Thanks.

>>> dfs at roaringpenguin.com 08/15/02 10:32AM >>>
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Brett Simpson wrote:

> I'm already doing that with the action_change_header but I still
> need to add text to the beginning of the email.

You can add a MIME part to the beginning with action_add_part by supplying
an "offset" argument of 0 in filter_end.  See mimedefang-filter(5).

If you actually want to modify a text/plain part "in-place", you have
to re-write the file and use the MIME::Tools methods to manipulate it.
It's non-trivial in general because there's no guarantee the first
MIME part is text/plain or text/html.  (Read the mimedefang.pl code
for append_html_boilerplate and append_text_boilerplate to see what I
mean.)

Anyway, see the MIME::Tools man pages.  If you do modify a part
in-place, don't forget to call action_rebuild to force MIMEDefang to
rebuild the message.