[Mimedefang] MD & sendmail - same host required?

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 02:05:01 EDT 2002

>From: Jim McCullars <jim at info.uah.edu>
>
>I realize that a milter program does not necessarily have to run on the
>same machine as its parent sendmail, but are there any implications to
>running MD on a separate machine than its parent sendmail?

I'm currently doing this with a virus scanner and haven't noticed any
problems.  On the other hand both systems are connected to the same 100 MB
switch.

I'd guess the main issues will be network and speed of the MD machine.
Probably worth trying it and seeing if it works for you :-)

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?