[Mimedefang] problems with mimedefag

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:13:01 EDT 2002

>From: "Clayton, Nik [IT]" <nik.clayton at citigroup.com>
>
>Sendmail only runs milters on e-mail that it has received over SMTP.

Not entirely accurate as far as 8.12 goes.  Email sent locally from my mail
server (8.12.5) is scanned the same way email passing through is.

Of course, with 8.12 email sent locally passes through the client side
first, so technically it's delivered to the mail server via SMTP.  If you
haven't created a submit.cf things may not work entirely as designed - it's
worth reading sendmail/SECURITY.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?