[Mimedefang] problems with mimedefag

marius popa mapopa at reea.net
Wed Aug 14 09:00:01 EDT 2002

The results are the same with the sendmail sendmail-8.12.5
I will try with the last mimedefang 2.17
i'm not the only one here what i found on the sendmail newsgroup :

"Hi everyone,
I have set up a milter (MIMEDefang) with a sendmail installation and mail that
passes through the server for the domains we relay for is being filtered
appropriately. However, it seems mail sent to the server to be delivered to a
user local to the server isn't getting filtered. I suspect this has something
to do with the fact that when mail arrives on port 25 to be relayed, it uses
the "smtp" mailer, and when mail arrives on port 25 to be delivered locally,
it uses the "local" mailer (using local_procmail).

I've been scouring the web the last few days trying to figure out how to have
locally delivered mail be filtered as well, but I can't seem to locate
anything on this subject. Would someone be able to point me in the right
direction? I think I've seen mention of having to relay it through the smtp
mailer before local delivery, but I've no idea where to start with that. The
important thing is to filter the mail as it arrives without having to pass it
through another server.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated."