[Mimedefang] Curious about a couple of things in mimedefang-filter

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Aug 12 14:22:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > Second question:  Is it possible to get the string that the sending MTA
> > sends as the HELO value?
>
> Not from the Perl filter, although it is available via libmilter.
> I can add this if you like.

   That would be great!  Especially if it was available at the beginning
like filter_relay (or maybe even as a third argument to filter_relay).  I
can't tell you how many spams I get with a Received: header like this:

and I would love to reject them immediately (if they are not indeed
info.uah.edu calling).

   And thanks for the explanation about bad characters in file names.

Jim
* James H. McCullars                 I Phone: (256) 824-2610              *
* Director of Systems & Operations   I Fax:   (256) 824-6643              *
* Computer & Network Services        I Internet: mccullj at email.uah.edu    *
* The University of Alabama          I -----------------------------------*
*    in Huntsville                   I                                    *
* Huntsville, AL 35899               I This space for rent - CHEAP!       *