[Mimedefang] Re: How to read MD output

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Mon Aug 5 11:43:01 EDT 2002

>From: Jim McCullars <jim at info.uah.edu>

><snip>
>
>If I use the Pine "bounce" command and send to another email account, that
>jpeg attachment doesn't show up at all - as either text or an attachment.
>So what is it about these headers that is confusing things?  Or is this a
>Pine problem?

Actually, I think this has more to do with the mail sent to you than with
MIMEdefang.  IIRC, the [ and ] characters in a MIME filename are only valid
if the filename is quoted - in other words, the attachment syntax is
invalid.  I would guess that Pine is discarding what it assumes to be garbage.

Kelson Vibber
SpeedGate Communications, Technical Staff
kelson at speed.net          Phone: (949) 341-0800
http://www.speed.net/     FAX:   (949) 341-0900