[Mimedefang] What operating system are you running?

Anthony Giggins AGiggins at synergyit.com.au
Tue Apr 30 18:30:33 EDT 2002

We're Running Redhat Linux 7.1 With Sendmail 8.12.3 & Mimedefang 1.4 w/ Nai
Virusscanner on a (Hang head in shame) P pro 200 256MB RAM 3x4GB HDD running
in Hardware RAID5.

This handle approx 10000 email per day (that includes in and out bound) as
this is a mail melay protecting several Exchange servers (Average message
size is about 0.5MB). It does bog down a little during peak times but seems
only to be large messages getting caught up in virusscanning load averages
do get upto about 16 or more (That's why the new server is going in).

New Server will be Redhat 7.2 with sendmail 8.12.3 & Mimedefang 2.8 w/ Nai.
Machine is twice as fast ie. Dual P pro 200 512MB RAM 2x (2x9GB) Hardware
Raid 1 and we may even use the old system as a fail over.

Cheers

Anthony