[Mimedefang] MIME-tools patch

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Apr 30 10:38:17 EDT 2002

On 30 Apr 2002 at 15:59, Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be wrote:

> if one's not ready to upgrade to a more recent version of MIMEDefang (I'm
> still using 2.5), is it smart to re-install MIME-tools with the patch
> found in the latest release of MIMEDefang ?

According to David, patching MIME-tools is sufficient to work around
the virus MIME header mangling problem, and it would be a good idea.
Upgrading to v2.8 isn't necessary.  However, there are other problems
which won't be resolved until v2.9, and it'll probably be more
important to upgrade MIMEDefang once v2.9 is released.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.