[Mimedefang] Question about virus scanning

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Thu Apr 18 21:03:03 EDT 2002

 From what I remember (which may be a bit dated), email messages over
1MB are not reliably sent over the internet because most mail servers do
not accept messages that large.  I usually recommend to users to use FTP
or another method for transferring large files.

However, to more address your question, wouldn't it defeat the purpose
of scanning for viruses if you restricted the size of the messages?  Not
all viruses are spread via small attachments.. many 'tag along' MS Word,
Excel, etc documents...

-Rich

Richard West                            mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator